The ZTE Magic Speaker features the first implementation of NearFA™ (Near Field Audio) technology in the world, allowing mobile devices such as iPhone, iPod, iPad and Android devices to transmit sound to an amplifying speaker over a short distance. The Magic Speaker does not require configuration to amplify the sound but just needs the mobile device to be placed next to the speaker making it very easy to enjoy and share music. NearFA is simple to use, consumes much less power and production costs are much lower when compared to other audio transmission technologies such as Bluetooth® or Wi-Fi.
As well as a 5-function LED display the Magic Speaker incorporates a range of power-saving functions including automatic power on/off, return to standby mode after 1 minute and auto-off after 10 minutes after music has stopped playing through it. The speaker has a micro USB socket for external power input and there is a 3.5mm jack is for optional wired audio input.
Features & specifications
- No configuration such as paring is needed
- Automatically turn on and off
- Compatible with smart phone
- Powerful output of 2.5W x 2 RMS
- Efficient power consumption (10-15 hours play time for AA batteries x 3)
- Includes audio in (3.5mm) and DC in (Micro USB) sockets
- LED Display: Power On, Power Off, Standby, Music Playing, Battery Low
- Automatic power on/off: When the unit is in Standby mode, if music is played while the phone is placed on top of the unit in the right position, the unit will turn on automatically.
- The unit will return to Standby mode 1 minute after the music is stopped.
- When the unit is in ON mode, the unit will switch automatically to OFF mode 10 minutes after the music is stopped.
- Keys: Every time the button is pressed, the power status cycles through as follows: Off -> Standby – > On -> Off …
- DC 5V in: The micro USB socket is for external power of DC 5V. When the external power is plugged in, the internal battery will be not be used.
- Audio in: The 3.5mm jack is for optional wired audio input.